Senior Project Manager – San Fran
Coordinated much? Designkitchen is looking for somebody who’s first on the playing field, ready to bend over backwards for the sake of our clients. We have an opening at our fast-paced digital agency in San Francisco for someone who’s got the stamina to move people and projects toward their goals.
As Senior Project Manager, you’ll know the client like the back of your hand and you’ll be devoted to delivering above and beyond their needs within expected time and budget constraints. You will be working with one or more Project Managers and Project Coordinators, as well as with Account Management, to ensure that projects move seamlessly between DK and the client. You’re on offense, so you’ve got to deliver.
You will need extensive people and time management experience and preferably some agency experience as well. Organization is key, so you should be an expert in the programs and protocols that’ll keep you on top of things. And let’s not forget the people! You’ll be joining and supervising a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team. We’ll expect you to organize and lead meetings, both internally and externally, and to foster strong bonds between your delivery team and the guys on the other end of the conference line.
A couple keys to a successful Senior Project Manager…
- Develops and demonstrates an understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations, and requirements
- Collaborates with the project team to identify the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints
- Works with client team as well as any and all members of assigned project team to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, visual design, technology requirements, etc., utilizing established estimating process and tools
- May work with Account Management to obtain and document client signoff at key points during project
- Coordinates all activities of the project team and ensures that project tasks are completed by: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc.), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to the project team, the client and management
- Develops, maintains, reviews and/or disseminates all project documentation including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and post mortem reviews. Ensures that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved. May also oversee a Project Manager/Project Coordinator who is responsible for developing and maintaining project documentation
- The Senior Project Manager will own account status, hours and OOP management for their assigned projects as well as identify issues/trends in profitability across projects
- Works with Program Managers and/or Account Management to our financial and status reporting are accurate and on time.
- Manages project financial lifecycle, including estimates, revenue forecasts, invoicing, payables, receivables, etc.
- May supervise 2-3 employees within the Delivery group
- 5-7 years of experience managing interactive projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following: software development life cycles, web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and advertising projects, digital strategy projects
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Expert Microsoft Project and MS Office skills
- 1-3 years of people management experience
- Strong knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation
- Experience managing project financials, including time tracking, invoicing and revenue forecasting
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple project coordinators, leads and/or managers at one time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to raise issues and/or opportunities to both Program Management and Account Management at the right times
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role
- Ability to solve problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results